Now that you've embedded your YouLi Trip Pages into your website, take the next step by allowing people to filter your Trips by a certain category (i.e. season, year, type of trip, etc.).
Important things to note
- TAGS are case insensitive, so "adventure", "Adventure", "ADVENTURE" are all the same
- The TRIPS must still match the embed rules
- Here's an example: https://runwildretreats.com/about-the-run-wild-retreat-experience/levels/
How to filter your embedded Trips on your website
1. Get your embed script
NOTE: If you haven't already done so, read these instructions on embedding all of your listed Trips into your own website
- You should have code that looks a bit like this placed on your website:
2. [OPTIONAL] Limit the number returned
- This can be useful on the homepage or if you have limited space to highlight TRIPS and just want the Trips that are coming up soon (up to the limit) to be shown
- In this example, the limit is 2, so only the first two trips with the nearest start date in the future, that are PUBLIC & LISTED (and match any TAGS below), will be shown
- A number of 1 or greater is valid
3. Add the Tags parameter
- Now let's say that you want to only show the "Adventure" trips on a particular page, use this script.
- This will only show the TRIPS with TAGS of "Adventure". (You can set this on the OVERVIEW of the Trip when you edit it.)
4. Use a comma for more than one tag
If you want to only show the "Adventure" trips in Canada on a particular page, then add the "Canada" tag, separated by a comma
Remember that this is AND logic, so the returned trips must have BOTH tags set:
5. Make sure your Trips have the right Tags
- Click to your TRIP
- Click the PENCIL ICON to UPDATE TRIP
- Edit the list of TAGS shown to include
- Click the SAVE button
Real Example: Pristine Trails
The most important elements to their travelers to find the perfect departure ate:
- What year
- What time of year
- Whether it is a full moon
YouLi developed a custom filter based on those tags
Now all Pristine Trails has to do is make sure to tag their trips properly in YouLi and they are automatically shown in the search results on their website.
Need a Developer?
- Don't have your own Developer? Contact YouLi Support to purchase website integration support.
Need more help?
Reach out to the YouLi support team via a chat box at the bottom of your screen or submit a ticket request. If you need more advanced support, schedule a 1:1 Consulting session with one of our experts, as we will walk you through the features and best practices.