Read on, if you would like to require that your (potential) Travelers express interest in a trip, followed by completing a task to apply, and finally asking them to pay their deposit (after their application is reviewed & approved).
NOTE: Before we start, if you need help creating an application, check out our how-to article on creating Custom Forms.
Once you've created your application, you have 2 options for sharing it with your potential Traveler
Option No. 1 - Keep the trip in Bookings Mode and expain to your (soon-to-be) Travelers that they need to apply first
View this 13-min video tutorial on how to set this up
Option No. 2 - Create 2 Trips: One in Brochure Mode, the other in Bookings Mode
- For this option, one TRIP will be in BROCHURE MODE (and it will be PUBLIC & LISTED), where you can take expressions of interest (and qualify applicants)
- You will then also have a second TRIP, a PRIVATE copy of the same TRIP and set it to Bookings Mode (so that once your Traveler is qualified, they are able to pay).
How to set this up
1. Have your application set up under AUTOMATED TASKS, ready to be filled out by your potential Travelers
2. In your TRIP PAGE (which is set to BROCHURE MODE), change your call-to-action (AKA your REGISTRATION BUTTON) to say "APPLY NOW."
- From your TRIP PAGE MENU, click on UPDATE TRIP > SETTINGS
- Find the REGISTER BUTTON LABEL and add something like "APPLY" or "APPLY NOW"
- This will prompt anyone who views your TRIP to click the "APPLY" button and fill out your application
How will this work for my applicants?
- Once the applicant fills out your application, you will see that the TASK is PENDING REVIEW
- Review their application and choose to invite them to the TRIP or deny them
- If you accept them: Add them to the other TRIP (which you've copied & made PRIVATE) and send them a message to pay their deposit on the PRIVATE TRIP. Delete the Traveler from the PUBLIC TRIP that they initially expressed interest in (under MANAGE PEOPLE & REPORTS, so that they do not receive any further emails).
- If you deny them: Mark their STATUS as "declined" and leave yourself and/or the Trip Planner a note, as to why they were denied.
Need more help?
Reach out to the YouLi Support Team via the chat box at the bottom of your screen or submit a Support Ticket request. If you need more advanced support, schedule a 1:1 Consulting session with one of our experts, and we will walk through Traveler flow options & best practices.