How to effectively collaborate when managing your group trips
There are many different types of roles that YouLi enables. To start, there are Team Members who are added to your ACCOUNT and also Trip Planners who are added to individual Trips. The access & view that each user has varies. See below for details on each type of role within YouLi.
WARNING: You cannot switch between roles once selected, so choose wisely!
TIP: Click on the hyperlinks to view even more information on each role.
You add your Team Members to your ACCOUNT under 'SITE SETTINGS' (see this video on how to add Team Members). When you add a Team Member to your YouLi account they automatically get added as a Contact on every trip, however, you can adjust their visibility within the Trip.
1. Trip Owner - Trips are owned by a single Planner, this is the Trip Owner. They manage branding, payment gateways, & Google Analytics.
2. Trip Main Contact - Trips have a single main contact, which must be one of the Planners on the Team. The Trip Owner is automatically designated as the Trip Main Contact, however, the main contact can be changed to another member of the Team (from within the "SETTINGS" tab of a TRIP PAGE).
3. Team Admin - This account type gives a Team Member access to edit all the things under 'ACCOUNT' that the Team Owner can edit: branding, payments, team, and affiliates.
AVAILABLE PLAN: Team Admins can only be used on Enterprise plans.
Other Trip Planners (think Collaborators!)
Sometimes, you have people who support trip planning and who need to have access to Trip information BUT do not need to be on every trip or do not need access to everything a Team Member has access to. In cases like these, it's best to add collaborators as Co-Planners or Trip Coordinators.
3. Co-Planners - All Team Members are Co-Planners on all trips, but Co-Planners can be added to individual trips as well. Simply put, all Team Members are Co-Planners, but not all Co-Planners are Team Members. Co-Planners can edit TRIP PAGES, but cannot edit anything under the PRICING tab.
4. Trip Coordinator - You will want to invite a Trip Coordinator to your TRIP when you are working with someone who needs to see all of the information across all of your Travelers but should not be able to make changes to the ITINERARY or other Trip information. Trip Coordinators are VIEW ONLY.
Trip Page Contact - Trip Page Contact is anyone (Team Member or Other Trip Planner) who will show up as a Contact for your Travelers. Anyone listed as a Trip Page Contact will receive email updates when Travelers sign up, make payments, or complete tasks.
How do I add a Co-Planner or Team Member to a Trip?
HOW-TO Change Main Contact on a Trip
NOTE: The number of users available depends on your YouLi Plan. Be sure to check the subscriptions available to you by clicking "Upgrade" in YouLi. For more than 5 users, reach out to learn more about our Enterprise plans.
Need more help?
YouLi takes pride in providing human support. Schedule a 1:1 Zoom call with one of our team members, and we will guide you through your account and first trip set up, direct you to the right resources, and advice on building your perfect booking flow.