First, consider how you want to set up your terms and how they should be consented to
- We suggest you check with your lawyer or legal team for the right language to use for your Terms & Conditions and what type of consent you want to accept
- Depending on your country or legal jurisdiction, you might need
- INFERRED CONSENT - by registering for your TRIP, registrants agree to your terms
- EXPLICIT CONSENT - by checking this box, they agree to your terms and they cannot register if the box is not checked.
NOTE: This is recommended for GDPR jurisdictions and those who are concerned with privacy compliance.
How to ensure you have the right consent, to message & collect information from your Travelers
You can configure your CONSENT TO PRIVACY AND TERMS prompt by finding it under
- From the TRIP MENU > UPDATE TRIP > SETTINGS
- By default, CONSENT TO PRIVACY AND TERMS is turned off, but if you click the PENCIL ICON you will be able to ADD/EDIT CONSENT PROMPT
- Here are the 3 options you'll see
TIP: We suggest that you link to your terms & conditions, for a cleaner look in your pop-up (versus copying & pasting them there).
- Choose one of these options (see definitions above)
- Don't forget to click SAVE!
Watch this 3-minute video tutorial for how to set this up & what it looks like during registration
What if I have a dispute about the acceptance of my terms?
- When you enable consent, there will be a log of the consent and whether it was inferred or explicit.
- Watch the video to see where it is recorded in YouLi, so you can respond to any dispute with authoritative proof of consent.
Need more help?
For more tips on pre-trip customer support join the YouLi community of travel professionals with monthly LIVE webinars and Q&A sessions.