To make your Trip more affordable for your Travelers, you have the ability to provide a payment plan with Installments. For each installment, YouLi sends (optional) Automated Reminders, ensuring that your Travelers stay on top of their payments.
Details on Payment Installments
- You can still change the DUE DATE after original selection
- We collapse all INSTALLMENTS of the amounts which are due within 7 days (or past due)
- This is meant as a convenience, so that the Traveler doesn’t need to pay the DEPOSIT and then immediately pay the remaining amount due
- No email requesting payment will be sent to a Traveler who has completed their DEPOSIT or payment before or by the DUE DATE
- An Automated Email Reminder will only be sent to Travelers who still need to pay
- Automated Email Reminders for payments are only sent if
- The TRIP has SET DEPARTURE DATES (not ESTIMATED DATES)
- And the INSTALLMENT has the AUTOMATED REMINDERS option enabled
- Learn more about all Automated Email Reminders and Confirmations that you can utilize in YouLi
How to set up Payment Installments
1. Choose Bookings Mode
Access this option for a TRIP by clicking UPDATE TRIP > PRICING or by clicking the PRICE in the header.
2. Set Payment Installments & Due Dates
- You can provide an INSTALLMENT plan for your Travelers (but only one Installment plan per Trip, NOT per Traveler).
- This can be as simple as:
- DEPOSIT (add by clicking the green button)
- BALANCE DUE (always there and will calculate automatically)
IMPORTANT: Because the "Balance Due" is calculated automatically (based on other Installments added), you do not need to add an Installment for the remaining balance.
In the example below, the Traveler would pay 60% of the total between the first two payments therefore the "Balance Due" would be 40%.
Fixed or percentage
CAUTION: Once selected, you'll have to delete the entire Installment to change to the other option (i.e. percentage > fixed), so choose wisely.
Additionally, if a payment is made on an Installment, you will not be able to make changes to it & you will need to contact YouLi Support via the HELP box.
- When you create the DEPOSIT, you'll be prompted to choose whether it is
- a FIXED AMOUNT
- Or a PERCENTAGE
- After you've added the DEPOSIT, you can continue to add as many as 6 INSTALLMENTS spread out over 6 months. Just keep clicking "ADD PAYMENT INSTALLMENT" to add an additional Installment.
- Click on the PENCIL ICON (to the right of the INSTALLMENT), to open the popup and set
- When they are due
- And whether or not AUTOMATED EMAIL REMINDERS are sent
- Fill in all of the information in the popup and be sure to click UPDATE, to save your changes
Specific or Relative Due Dates
- PAYMENT/INSTALLMENT DUE DATES are displayed to Travelers in AUTOMATED REMINDER EMAILS and within the Trip Page.
- They can either be:
- SET DATE - Example: April 30, 2022 (this will be the same for all travelers)
- RELATIVE TO REGISTRATION DATE - Example: 15 days after registration (dynamic per Traveler, based on when they register for your TRIP)
- Use the toggle (see image below) under the input box to switch between the two.
3. Enable/disable Automated Email Reminders
- By default, TRIPS only have one INSTALLMENT: "BALANCE DUE" and no DUE DATE is set, so no AUTOMATED EMAIL REMINDERS will be sent.
- To enable AUTOMATED EMAIL REMINDERS you will first need to add a DEPOSIT
- After filling in the information, be sure to check the box to SEND AUTOMATED REMINDERS
- When a Traveler registers for a TRIP with an INSTALLMENT reminder set, YouLi sends up to 3 AUTOMATED EMAIL REMINDERS on your behalf
But what if my Traveler decides not to go on the Trip? Will they be reminded to pay?
- Sometimes people register for TRIPS and then decide they don’t want to go. But don't worry! The payment reminder email will give them the option to “PAY NOW” or “DECLINE.”
- If they choose to decline, you will see this STATUS reflected under MANAGE PEOPLE & REPORTS and they will no longer be emailed automated reminders to pay (or complete tasks).
How to make a change to an Installment that someone has already made a payment on
- Delete the payment on that INSTALLMENT
NOTE: If it is for a credit card payment, please open a Support Request ticket, so that we can delete the payment for you.
- Then delete the actual INSTALLMENT
- Now, create the new INSTALLMENT with the updates you want
- Add a MANUAL PAYMENT or CREDIT to that new INSTALLMENT, for that same Traveler
Need more help?
For more tips on pre-trip customer support join the YouLi community of travel professionals with monthly LIVE webinars and Q&A sessions.