The GDPR introduced a right for individuals to have personal data erased. The right to erasure is also known as "the right to be forgotten." Individuals can make a request for erasure verbally or in writing. So how do you abide by this rule? Read on.
Background details on data removal
- YouLi does not purge data without your request until 5 years after TRIP creation. If you need a whole Trip removed, simply archive it and then open a Support Request to delete the Trip permanently. The Trip Owner must make the request and include a reason.
- Enterprise clients can request an automated removal in compliance with their data retention policy.
A potential situation where you need to erase Traveler data
After or during the planning of a successful TRIP on YouLi, you might receive a request from a European citizen to erase their data or delete their personal information - not to worry!
Solution if the Traveler has not made a credit card payment
- If they have not made a credit card payment on the TRIP, you can delete them yourself via the MANAGE PEOPLE & REPORTS tab, from your TRIP MENU.
Solution if that Traveler has already made at least one payment via credit card
- If it's not a credit card payment, you can delete the payment yourself and then delete the Traveler and their data yourself.
- However, for auditing reasons, it is not possible to delete them if they have made a credit card payment. In this case, simply open a Support Request and include the Traveler and TRIP details. See below for the details the YouLi Support Team needs.
Information you need to submit to YouLi Support if you are requesting we delete a Traveler
- Provide the SHARE TRIP LINK (if the Traveler is on multiple TRIPS, please provide all relevant Share Trip Links).
- Should we delete all data and files, including reference to any payment gateway IDs?
NOTE: We cannot purge data from the payment gateway or your bank. Please check with your other providers if that is necessary.
3. Traveler's NAME and EMAIL ADDRESS
Need more help?
For more tips on pre-trip customer support join the YouLi community of travel professionals with monthly LIVE webinars and Q&A sessions.